* THE CLAIM: “Sec. 122, Pg. 29, Lines 4-16 – YOUR HEALTH CARE WILL BE RATIONED!”
* THE FACTS: This refers to a section in Subtitle C of the legislation, which sets standards guaranteeing access to essential benefits. The lines the Liberty Counsel’s talking point refers to actually limit the costs a family in a covered plan can be required to share in order to receive essential benefits. It does nothing to “ration” health care.
* THE CLAIM: “Sec. 1177, Pg. 354 – Government will RESTRICT enrollment of special needs people! ‘Extension of Authority of Special Needs Plans to Restrict Enrollment.’”
* THE FACTS: This piece of the legislation refers to a section of the Social Security Act governing insurance for the elderly and disabled. It grandfathers in certain plans that already had contracts to run integrated Medicaid-Medicare programs for the impoverished elderly, and it requires the Department of Health and Human Services to analyze the impact of those plans. It restricts no one’s enrollment in anything.
* THE CLAIM: “Sec. 1308, Pg. 489 – The government will cover Marriage and Family therapy. This will involve government control of your marriage.”
* THE FACTS: This section of the bill does provide for insurance coverage of marriage and family therapy — but by licensed, certified therapists, not government agents.